Monday, March 12, 2012

Feb/Mar 2012: Sunny days ahead!

Abby's birthday wore her out! But she got to wear some of her new clothes that she got! She actually slept for the first hour or so of her party! Chris' co-worker/friend from Panera made the cake for Abby's party. She did a great job! It looked wonderful! And it was delicious, as Abby can attest to. The purple frosting made her eating the cupcake that much more fun to watch!
Then we made some crafts for Grandpa Ross and Grandma Johnson's birthdays! They turned out even better than I could have hoped! I found the idea online and didn't think I would be able to pull it off, but they turned out pretty well if I may say so myself! Chris made the flamingos and I made the butterflies.
We went shopping for something really quick and Abby positioned herself in the cart like this, one leg up, arm back, straight chillin. Haha she looked too funny, not sure if the picture captures it completely but she looked "gangsta." Haha silly girl.
We went on our second annual Johnson family ski trip to Vermont. We weren't sure how well it was going to go since 6 hours is a long time in the car for baby girl, but she did great! We only had to stop once both ways to let her walk around at a rest stop and burn off some energy. She was making some funny faces in the car that I tried to catch on film. She can be so silly.
It was a great trip! Auntie Aimee is pregnant (yay! can't wait!) so she couldn't ski, so she hung back with Abby so that I could go out skiing which was so nice of her to do. I really appreciated being able to get out there knowing that she was in great hands. It was a lot of fun to get out and ski again since I didn't ski at all last year since Abby was only 6 or so weeks old! Abby, however, didn't think that it was so fun that I went. Right on schedule she has most definitely started in with some separation anxiety and gave Aimee a bit of a hard time (sorry!). But regardless, I think everyone had a great time and hopefully we all can go back again next year! This is the view of the mountain from our car as we were leaving. So beautiful!
She also got her top front teeth! The one on the left came in way before the one on the right so she has a bit of a snaggle tooth for now. The bottom two are becoming more prominent, too. I was sad at first because that gummy smile is so cute, but I love her little toothies now. You can kind of see the one big top tooth below.

When we got home we had a little bout of nice weather, so we took advantage of it and went to the zoo!! Abby and I went with Christa and her friend and the kiddos, of course! Syd and J were SO cute with Abby. I love how much they all already love each other! Oh and we got a great view of the baby gorilla, which is always fun! Can't wait until it's nice out all the time (hopefully) so we can start going to the zoo on a more regular basis!
Abby's favorite food is still banana's and she tried to feed herself one like a big girl the other day. It was really cute! And when she wasn't trying to eat the peel, she actually did a great job of feeding herself. She's really enjoying having teeth and is learning how to use them to take bites and chew.
It got really nice out again so we took advantage and went to the park! Abby was so happy to be back in a swing! She also got to swing with her pal Dexter. Haha the picture cracks me up every time. He took like like a champ, though. Such a good puppy. Also, she walked pretty much the entire way home from the park. She just loves to walk everywhere these days! It's so funny to watch her waddle around.
We went to bread bash with daddy and Abby walked all around the store the whole time. She was a big hit (as always), but she sure wore herself out! She also started clapping recently, so every time Chris announced something at the meeting and his associates clapped, she would drop her bread and start to clap, too. So silly. When Chris took her out of the car seat to change her for bed when we got home she didn't even wake up! Sleepy girl!
 
Stacey also gave Abby her awesome birthday gift at bread bash- another sweater!! Her Aunt makes them and made the cutest one for her last year, they even zip all the way up the back which makes it super easy to put it on her! She asked Chris what Abby's favorite colors were and he said Yellow and Purple. She was surprised when he said yellow, but Chris explained that she didn't have a choice in the matter, they were chosen for her by her friend Sydney. Haha it turned out great and even has some of the same yarn from the sweater she got last year!
We have been having so much fun and are loving the few nice weather days we've gotten! Can't wait for many more nice days and trips to the zoo and walks to the park! Hopefully it will be a great spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment